Here’s everything you need to know about the latest iPhones and accessories. We’ve got all the live updates from the Apple event right here.
The Apple Park campus in Cupertino, California, was the setting for Wednesday’s event, which we covered live. The iPhone 14 and 14 Plus, the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max, the Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch SE, and Apple Watch Ultra were all introduced, as well as the AirPods Pro 2 wireless earphones.
Here’s what was announced
- The 6.1-inch Pro and 6.7-inch Pro Max Apple iPhone 14 models will be the first to feature always-on lock screens. The Dynamic Island is a notch that is actually useful rather than a notch that is just a notch. The iPhone 14 Pro comes with a 48-megapixel main camera with four zoom settings, an ultrawide 12-megapixel camera, an action mode, and cinematic 4K video at 24 frames per second. Preorders open September 9, with availability on September 16.
- Apple’s new phones, the iPhone 14 and 14 Plus, feature 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch screens, respectively. They include a 12-megapixel primary camera and a new autofocus front camera. Preorders begin September 9 for Apple’s new iPhones, which will also feature crash detection and a two-year emergency SOS service. The iPhone 14 will be available beginning September 16, and the iPhone 14 Plus will be available beginning October 7.
- The Apple Watch Series 8 includes new cycle tracking functions, such as ovulation. A low-power mode is intended to enhance battery life, and an updated gyroscope and accelerometer will enhance crash detection. International roaming will also now be offered. Available in the US from September 16 for $399 for GPS, and $499 with wireless. The most significant change is the addition of a temperature sensor, marking the first time Apple has added a new health sensor to its smartwatch since the Series 6 arrived with blood oxygen saturation measurements in 2020. Apple Watches, including the Series 8, SE, and Ultra models, is the first to include car crash detection, further reinforcing Apple’s focus on health and safety. The Apple Watch Ultra is a new outdoor-oriented version of Apple’s smartwatch geared toward athletes, while the SE is a refreshed version of Apple’s cheaper smartwatch.
- The Apple Watch SE is designed for children and supports WatchOS 9 with new workout and sleep tracking. It comes with GPS or cellular connectivity and is priced at $249 or $299, with availability in September also in the US.
- The Apple Watch Ultra is a more professional-level watch that boasts a titanium body, a new dedicated second button, an improved speaker, and a ruggedized design that provides 60 hours of battery life. It will be available in the US on September 23 for $799.
- With Apple AirPods Pro 2, you can expect twice the active noise cancellation, up to six hours of listening time, improved ear tips, and precision locating to help you find the case. It will be available on September 23 for $249.